Monday, May 2, 2011

What's after death?

Death is a topic that is normally avoided because of it's view of graphic content, religious content and so on. But so many of us have no idea what's on the other side. Many of us base it off our own beliefs and view. Some of us hope it is something good or the possibility of it being our own belief. But the question is, can we really know for sure? Yes we can, and that answer comes straight from the bible. If you haven't read my blog yet which is called "Thy Word is Truth" I encourage you to read it so you can know what truth is. But in this blog I will be explaining what is on the other side. The bible says that when we die we will enter one of two destinations Heaven or Hell. And how we end up in either one of those places is based on a standard, God's standard that is. The bible says that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23. We don't deserve Heaven we all deserve Hell. God is graciously giving us Heaven based on His Love and Mercy and sacrifice of His own Son Jesus, (which is also God since He is part of the Holy Trinity but I will be explaining that later on). We have fallen short of His holy standards and the punishment for that is eternal separation from God forever in Hell. God has made a way out of that place through the sacrifice of His Son. His Blood literally takes away all of our sin. "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" John 1:29 You have a choice. You can choose whether to accept Jesus as your Savior right now at home or wherever you are. Or you can reject His and ignore it and end up in burning fire forever. You must make that choice. And if you haven't accepted Jesus as your Lord and Savior bow your head and say this prayer "Dear Lord Jesus. Forgive me for sinning against you. I am sorry. Please forgive all of my sins and take me away from the life I am now living. Your Blood takes away all of my sin and I now accept you as my Lord and Savior. In Jesus name I pray amen."  If you have just said that prayer and meant it, congratulations! And welcome to the family of God! Praise God for His never ending Love and Mercy and for giving us free will for choosing Him. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment