Tuesday, May 3, 2011

ARK (Act of Random Kindness)

One Act of Random Kindness is all it takes to brighten up someone's day. To make them feel happy and appreciated. To do something warm and friendly that touches a person heart whether or not they appreciate it. Doing kind acts is at the very heart of the Christian lifestyle. Their are opportunities everywhere to do random acts of kindness! It can be where you help a handicapped person off the bus, or help a person carry their groceries to the car. Wherever you are, whenever you can do a simple act of random kindness to change a person's life. No matter how tiny it is. The bible tells us as believers we should continually do kind things for people and especially for people who belong to the family of Christ "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have the opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:9-10 I have two examples of random acts of kindness I would love to share. As I was walking one day by myself like the usual, I noticed a teacher that I met named Mrs. Scolnik and she was carrying boxes so I came up to her and asked her if she needed help. And we just walked and talked while we went back in forth transferring boxes to the next room. My next story is really short but simple. I have a pretty, wonderful friend and sister in Christ named Rachel who I decided to make a card for her. I do not know why I made a kind card especially for her, but I did. So I gave it to her and she wrote her own card in return and gave it to me. And that card was so special to me I decided to tape it inside of my bible and treasure it forever. So a simple act of random kindness can brighten up a person's day. And just like the bible says "You reap what you sow." Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment