Sunday, September 18, 2011

Golfland witnessing 9/17/11

I decided to give a second shot at witnessing at Golfland yesterday. Well as I came out of my car. I walked to the front entrance and their was what appeared to be a high school or college student just standing their doing nothing. I found out later he is college student. But anyway's I walked up to him to start a conversation. His name was Andrew and I asked him when he died what he thought was on the other side. He told me he didn't know. Then I shared my belief with him that their is a God and how He died to set him free from his sin. I took him through the Ten Commandments and talked to him about sin and what it took to be right with the Lord. He told me he was guilty of his sin and then I told him "Andrew. The reason I share this with you is because I care about your soul and where your going to spend eternity." He just said "ok" like he didn't care at all, but I thank the Lord I had the chance to talk with Andrew about Jesus and what He did for him on that Cross. I entered through the main entrance of Golfland and played video games for a while and I also encountered my Nebraskan friend Ray and we chatted a little before he had to work. A little while after I played video games and saw a man get his groove on while playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution), which really impressed me. I noticed two twin brothers playing pinball and as they were about to leave I said "excuse me" and began a conversation with them. Their names were Robin and Lee. They told me they did not know what was on the other side after they died. I explained to them proofs for a God, Ten Commandments, sin, repentence, etc. Then I told both of them to check out a book I wanted them to see and then I was gone. I started another conversation with a high school student but the conversation was very brief because he had to leave with his family. Later on after I watched this guy tear up points in Mrs. Pac-man (Man's got skill), I was about to leave Golfland and noticed a young man hopping over rails in the courtyard area in between the two buildings in Golfland. I walked up to him and starting talking. Then his friend came in and we started talking too! They were both past graduates from Mission San Jose High School and after we chatted a little I said "can I ask you both a question?" The graduate who I was talking to before his friend came said "go for it." I asked "When you die, what do you think is on the other side?" His friend who was a girl said "nothing." And the young man told me Heaven. We started talking about that. And then I brought up proofs for a God. The young lady tried to use her own logic to argue or fight against what I was saying for proofs for God. Yet I kept talking. Her logic was twisted and was believing and trusting in her own logic to fight against Truth. And I was sharing the Truth with both of them, but the girl didn't like it or agree with it. Then after I shared about the Ten Commandments and how they are both sinners. I said "since you both told me you are liars, thieves and blasphemers. Would you be guilty or not guilty on judgment day?" The girl said not guilty (a big fat lie). And when I said "would that mean Heaven or Hell depending on that standard?" The girl said another twisted dumb lie "Heaven." And she also believed and said that the bible was written by men. (Worst lie I have ever heard in my life). We just talked and talked and at the end of the conversation I said "you know this was a great conversation." Even though I absolutely did not believe at all what this lady was trying to argue against me (she is believing lies) I still shared the Truth in love the best I could and not to argue.  And when the young lady was trying to argue against me to prove her point, it reminded me of a bible verse that I found in Titus 3: 9-11 "But avoid foolish controversies and genealogies and arguments and quarrels about the law, because these are unprofitable and useless. Warn a divisive person once, and then warn him a second time. After that, have nothing to do with him. You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned." I wanted to warn her about what was coming, but she didn't want to listen. So I thanked them and told them to check out a book. (The girl still tried to use her logic just for checking out a book). So I said bye and left. I praise the Lord for yesterday and today because He is always faithful even when you don't know what He is doing. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment