Sunday, September 25, 2011

Defeating dreadful anticipation

When it is always Sunday I think about the day ahead tomorrow. I think about school then adult school tomorrow. I always worry and expect that tomorrow something bad is going to happen academically. But this verse always comes to my head when I think about working for the Lord. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 4:23-24 I must remember that at ALL TIMES I am working for the Lord in whatever I am doing. Whether at a job, my test I'm taking, classwork, homework, or anything. I live to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in whatever I do because I know that I will get a reward from Him specifically reserved for me. But how I overcome this anticipation of school plus adult school tomorrow is read the Word of God and praise Him. When I sing to God with all my heart, soul and strength, I experience a Joy and Peace I never knew existed. I can talk to Jesus anytime I want during the day. And He is worthy to be exalted at all times. My favorite book for encouragement and comfort is the book of Isaiah. Because starting in Isaiah 40 it talks about how God comforts His people. Here is one my favorite verses: "So do not fear, for I am with you, do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10 When I read this, I know that the Lord Jesus is with me at all times and that he will lift me up in sticky situations and that He is ALWAYS worthy to be lifted up higher and higher and higher every single day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment