Saturday, September 24, 2011

God is so good 9/24/11

Today was just an unbelievable day. Well as you all know from the previous story, I lost my wallet. As disappointed as I was, I praised the Lord in the middle of the situation, trusting that He knows what He is doing. Well that brings up a fascinating story that happened just this evening. As I was walking up to the bus station to take the bus, I was waiting for it, when unexpectantly the bus passes by me! I was jogging up to it when all of a sudden people I knew from school that were in a car just gave me a quick greeting. Then I entered the bus and payed my fee. As always, I witness to people, since it's my favorite hobby. Their was a High School student sitting in the seat that I noticed first and I sat in front of him and started chatting. He told me he goes to school in livermore and his name is Apollo (after Apollo 18, makes it easier to remember his name haha). Anyway's we started talking about school life and how he's doing. And I realized that his stop is at dixon landing. So knowing I didn't have too much time on the clock, I started witnessing to him. I said "Apollo, can I ask you a question?" He said "sure" I asked him if you died tonight are you 100% assured you are going to Heaven?" He said no so then I asked him if their is a Heaven, if he wanted to go there. Apollo said "of course". Then I asked "do you know how to get there?" He said "no" then I showed him his sin by going through the Ten Commandments and sharing with him about repentance and the Cross of Jesus Christ and how Jesus's Blood washes away his sin as clean and as white as snow. Then I asked him if I could pray for him. He said "yes" and I prayed that he would commit his life to Christ and live for Him. And I just prayed the the Lord would lead him to put his trust in Him and follow him and be with him wherever he is. Then he said "thanks George" and gave me a hug before I left. I will never forget Apollo because I shared the truth with him and loved him enough to care about his soul and where he will go after he dies. Then he got off the bus and waved back to me before the bus continued forward. Then right after I started a conversation with the bus driver. We just chatted about where we were from and stuff like that. Her name is Aisha. (I don't know how to spell her name, but I apologize if I did) and she is a very sweet African-American woman. I finally had the guts to say "Aisha, can I ask you an interesting question?" She said in a very kind tone "of course!" I asked "if you died tonight, are you 100% assured you would be going to Heaven?" She said "yes I am" and I asked her "why is that" and she gave me a very strong, but true answer. She said to me "because I believe in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who died for me." I completely agreed. Then I asked her if she has ever fully committed her heart and life to Jesus Christ and repented of her sin. She said yes again. I was very happy that she told me that. Then I told her that I am blessed to have met her and told her that it was no accident God has arranged this whole divine appointment. Then when I was about to get off the bus, I asked her "can I give you a hug?" I leaned over to give her a tender hug, just like the shepard would when He comforts His children in need. Then I said "God Bless you" and she said "God Bless you too, with a warm smile and tone." Then I got off the bus and waved to her as she passed me bye. I praise the Lord for today. If I would have kept my wallet, I would have driven to Church and not have had those two conversations with both those people that the Lord had waiting for me to meet. Now I know why the Lord wanted my wallet to be lost. And it was for an awesome reason. Praise the Lord!!! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment