Thursday, August 30, 2012

8/29/12

Yesterday was much better than my Monday math class because on Monday, the professor was telling us what we needed to buy and what he expected of us. But what caught me by surprise was that I did not expect so much even though of course it's college, but it was new to me. He taught a lesson on place value and what they were called. We also learned how to round and how to translate the number to English form and then the opposite. After that class I had to go to the Ohlone bookstore which was high up on the campus. There were a lot of stairs and it was not fun to climb, my legs are in pain by the time I reach the level of where the bookstore is. I had to wait in line for more than five minutes or even more before I got to the front to purchase my English textbook. My dad gave me $80 so I could purchase the textbook that my English professor said was $75. When I arrived at the counter I found out that the total was $81. One thing she did not mention was that there was a $6 tax fee added to it. So I had to use my debit card to pay for the book. After that my dad came and picked me up, he was a little mad because he was wondering why I waited so long. I just never called to notify him about the time I was using in the bookstore. Later me and my dad went home, then we had to leave in my car because he told me that he found the source of the problem. It was a nail that pierced my front right tire. So both of us left to a tire shop in the Fremont hub called America's tires to have it replaced. Afterwards me and my dad returned home and hung for a little. Then we left to go and check out this one house for rent, but we didn't like it. We checked out this other house and me and my dad liked the guy who was showing us the house where his son and some other person live. My dad thought the house was pretty messy and the room as well. He also did not like how the inside of the refrigerator was unorganized and dirty as well. But we both liked Dave who was the guy showing us the house. He was very friendly and had passion for what he does. He is very involved in the neighborhood and has grown up in Milpitas. From everything Dave was telling us, he knew the police chief, the mayor of Milpitas, etc. He was a very nice guy and his loving support and friendliness got me considering of renting a room at the house. But as of now I am staying with a family friend and has been already arranged. I will be moving into the house sometime this weekend. Now that I finally have a new place to stay, I can worry less about that and concentrate more on what matters such as sharing Jesus (always comes first), reading my bible, doing my homework, etc. I got an email yesterday from a Christian friend after I told her about my financial situation about buying books for college. She told me in the email that the Lord placed on her heart to give me a donation of $100 for my college book! Praise the Lord! God is so good. He will take care of you. Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment