Saturday, August 25, 2012

8/25/12

Today I needed to get binder paper since I am starting school this Monday. Wow my first year of college, time really does pass by! Before I went to do that I needed to go to a store in mall that I know very well to see if I can apply for a job there. I asked the lady how I can apply and she told me that I need to have a resume to turn in before I can apply there. There is one spot open, so please pray that I will be able to get the job! Then I went to a near by table and began reading my bible in public After that I drove back on the freeway to go to a local Wal-mart that is near my house. As I was walking in, I saw an African-American man outside doing one of those charity organization events. I went inside and got my binder paper, (I wish I would have got pens, but they didn't have my favorite brand!), then came back out. I walked up to the guy who was doing his job and started talking. He was telling me what he was doing and I decided to donate money to the organization that he was declaring to people. I told him if I could donate $20, and he said that would be great. I decided to donate $3 instead because I never realized I had that in my wallet. He said "amen, brother." I complimented him on his cross necklace and asked him if he was a believer in Christ. He said that he was and then me and him started talking. I told him that Jesus said it is better to give than to receive, and he also told me from the Scripture that God loves a cheerful giver. And I told him "from Galatians" and he said "amen brother! your a bible scholar?" Me and him just laughed. I asked him what was his name and he said Jerry (his friends call him JB). I asked JB if I could pray for him and he happily agreed. I prayed outside of Wal-mart in public that the Lord would bless him and he would just continue to pursue the Lord and would work for His Kingdom. JB just took his hand and put it on top of my hand and said "God bless you brother." I told JB that I would love to see him in Heaven one day and he said the same as well. What a blessing that man is. Me and him happily said goodbye. That was one of the happiest moments in my life. I went home praising God and thanking him for the encounter He put across my path with JB. Please pray that the Lord would use JB mightily in the days to come. And for him to make a bold stand for the Lord Jesus Christ. Today has been just a blessed day. Thank you Lord Jesus. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment