Tuesday, March 5, 2013

3/5/13

Woooo!!! Man it feels great to get back into witnessing again!!! God is more than faithful and has brought great divine appointments today and I had two good conversations. I will share these stories with you and I am full of so much joy when I do. During my long break this afternoon after I finished taking a quiz in my philosophy class, I decided to do some witnessing. I knew I had a lot of time, and it was pointless just waiting for my next class when I could share Jesus with students on campus! I walked around and I was waiting for the Lord to show me who to witness to. I saw a student coming towards me and I asked him how he was doing and struck up a conversation with him. I then said "can I ask you an interesting question?" and then I asked "when you die, what do you think is on the other side? What do you think is out there after you die?" The student told me that he has studied different religions and what they teach about the afterlife, but he told me that he hoped it would be something, maybe something good. Then Michael (his name) told me that he is an agnostic and said that he believes that there is something out there, but is not sure what it is. He said there could be a god, but was not certain at all. Michael was very hard to get to and was arguing about god's existence, but I never argued with him at all. As I was walking him through the Ten Commandments to show him his sin, he interrupted me and said "you know, religion works for some people, but not for me. I'm going to end this, but thank you for the conversation." Michael rejected me and wanted nothing to do with what I had to say. But, I planted that seed in his life and I'll be praying for his soul. Afterwards, I walked around and let the Lord faithfully move me to the next person he wanted me to talk to. I walked to the cafeteria, then I walked outside to the pond area. I saw people out there talking, but there was one guy sitting in between these students. He was playing with a rubix cube, so I thought in my head "this guy must be interesting" so I walked up next to him and started talking. After we chatted a little, I said "can I ask you an interesting question?" then I asked him "when you die, what do you think is on the other side? What do you think is out there when you die?" He told me nothing and then when I asked him what he meant by nothing, he said nothing then giggled a little. I don't remember a lot from the conversation, but I do remember that this student was very interesting and had a lot to say about philosophy and other things. He told me some philosophical ideas from Socrates and Plato. And I was listening to everything he had to say about it. He also told me that there is nothing when after we die because he told me that there was nothing before we were born and we didn't know anything because we never existed! He also mentioned that after we die, our body decomposes and that we are "one" with the earth, because our body is eaten and we become united with it. I thought that was interesting. He said to me that his major is molecular biology and to me that is a fascinating major and I was even more surprised that he knew a lot about philosophy! Then I shared with him what Jesus did for him and he just listened and he asked me questions about my faith and I answered them the best I could. Later on in the conversation he told me that he is an atheist. And what's funny about that is his name is Christian. Wow! He then gave me his name so I could contact him and then I gave him a website to Mark Cahill's book for lost people called one heartbeat away. Then we both left. I am so thankful that the Lord used me to share eternal truth with those two souls. God used me as I am and I am so thankful. He led me to those two lost souls and I am very happy that he set up those divine appointments! I prayed before this week started that the Lord would lead me to lost people during the week and would bring divine appointments and He did! This doesn't take me by surprise anymore, but I get so excited to engage in these conversations so I can share our precious Lord with these people who need Him. Please pray for Michael and Christian, pray that the seeds I have planted in their lives will grow and that the Lord would work through them. Thank you so much my brothers and sisters. God bless and praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment