Thursday, February 16, 2012

Witnessing 2/16/12

My week this week has been a little bit stressful but nothing too much that I couldn't handle. Today during lunch I had to go to my Sophomore English teacher's room to organize his books since I was his lunch TA. There was a substitute there but I still got to work and only organized one set of books because the two others sets I had difficulty finding the spots where to put them. After I finished doing that I said hi to my previous resource teacher and talked with her and gave her a hug before I left. I was walking through the hallway when I encountered someone I witnessed to in the past. His name is Charlie Herschburger (not sure how to spell his last name haha) but I started a conversation with him. I asked him what he thought about the previous conversation we both had and he said to me that he thought I was trying to convert him to Christianity (which I wasn't) and he was also telling me how I disrespected his atheist values. I know I didn't do that, all that I was telling him was giving him evidence of the Christian faith but he didn't agree. But I remembered how God was telling me "Son it's not your job to save people, you just need to plant the seed and I will take care of the rest." I felt so much relief and much more relaxed knowing that God is taking care of Charlies's soul and that I already did my job. I told Charlie once during the conversation that I told him all of this because I cared about his soul and then he responded by saying "no you don't." I asked why and he said "because that's what they all say" which he was referring to Christians that say the same thing. But in reality I honestly did care about his soul, just he didn't really know it, and he doesn't know my heart. Only God knows it, nobody. "For the Lord searches every heart and understands every motive behind the thoughts." 1 Chronicles 28:9 As I was witnessing him I was just talking with him and what he believes. I was using the four deadly questions in Mark Cahill's excellent book one thing you can't do in Heaven so he could explain his views about what he views. I was just listening to what he had to say lovingly and then I asked him the last and most deadliest of all questions which was "what if you are wrong?" And he told me what he had to say then he said to me "what if you are wrong?" I told him that if I was wrong then this whole Jesus thing was not true I would have been praying to someone who does not exist and that I would have wasted my life. Then the bell rang and he had to get to class and so then I left to my class as well. One thing that I know for sure is that God is faithful! Amen! Please pray for Charlie Herschburger and that the Lord would draw him to Himself. I have done my job and now I am counting on your guys to pray for his soul and that God would give him an open heart to the message of the gospel. Thank you guys so much! God Bless you guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment