Sunday, February 26, 2012

God is good 2/24/12

Last Friday on the 24th I went to my High School's dodge ball tournament at Irvington. I texted my dad during school and asked my dad if I could meet with my Christian buddy Austin to have an early dinner and bible study before we left to our Church building and my dad said no. I was pretty mad and frustrated that I couldn't go and I wanted to complain at my dad why I couldn't go. But instead I asked the Lord to give me peace and I definitely felt the peace in me. While I was at home my dad told me to pick up my brother's friends for the dodge ball tournament. So me and my brother left in the car to pick up his friends for the tournament. While I was driving I took a wrong turn and my brother dropped the f-bomb (said the f word) on me and I just told him to calm down and made a u-turn and went back and took the right turn. I didn't care what my brother said me, I don't care what people say about me, all the matters is what Jesus says about me because I am standing in front of Him on Judgement Day, nobody else. Later on I picked up my bro's friends and we left to the school and I dropped them off. I saw two students that I used to hang out with at lunch and I stopped and chatted with them. I wish I would have witnessed to them but I didn't, arghhh!!! But one student I knew named Micheal said he was a Christian, but I don't know if he was a born again believer, which I should have asked. But anyway's I was just talking with them and I also rapped a little bit of Lecrae's song haha. It was awesome! Then afterwards I said bye and I saw my dad and he said hi to me and asked me if I was going into the gymnasium to watch the tournament and I said I was and I was just waiting for a little bit. Then I saw my stepmom and me and her walked in to watch the game. The dodge ball game was pretty good so far the first half. Then later on in the evening at night it was break or halftime. And so I asked my dad if I could go outside and he said yes and so I walked outside. There I was just standing around and I noticed a new student that was in my Government and my Computer support class and so I walked up to him and said "hey Alex! What's up man!" And he said hi to me excitedly and we started talking about the dodge ball tournament and then I asked Alex what he thought about the Mark Cahill booklet I gave him. He told me that it was great and I started talking about spiritual things, proof for God, eternity, etc. Then I got an opportunity to share Jesus with Alex and so I walked him through the Ten Commandments to show him his sin and then once did that, I talked about repentance and I also shared an example of the gospel that my pastor gave which was excellent, and shared the rest about Christ, blood of Christ that takes away sin, etc. Then I said "Alex I share all of this with you because I care about your soul and where you will spend eternity. " And the Alex told me "I love you George." And I said "I love you too Alex, no homo." (people say no homo which really means that they love the person in a manly way, but not in a way that is like a strong relationship like with a girl). I wish I would not have said no homo, but that is what comes out of our mouths and what our sinful society creates and how we follow it. But I am thankful to the Lord that I shared Jesus with Alex and I prayed and was thinking about an opportunity to share God's Son with him. Even though I was upset that I couldn't meet up with my Christian friends Austin and Brian to have bible study and an early dinner that night, I got to share the good news with a lost person! God is good!!! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment