Sunday, October 30, 2011

Great Mall witnessing with my buddy Austin 10/30/11

Today was truly an awesome day! Me and buddy Austin went witnessing at the Great Mall today because I was so on fire for the Lord that I invited my friend Austin to come share Christ at the mall with me today. My friend Austin was carrying a bag and inside were folded up triangular papers which were also gospel tracts in my opinion but in each they contained a message about Austin's Jesusfreak blog and a packet of strident gum. We stood at one of the entrances just giving them out to people. Some people rejected it and didn't want anything to do with it but their were people that did take it. After me and Austin finished handing out his stuff we grabbed some lunch at a buffet which his dad payed for already (very generous and food was delicious), and what surprised me the most was that my friends Brent, Curtis (Austin's brother) and Laurence were interested so they also wanted to join in. So I gave them two tracts each then we headed into the mall again to actually do some real witnessing. I was the only one witnessing but my friend Austin was observing what I was doing and then I told him while we were in a sports store for him to give it a shot. He gave it a shot, but he told me the lady he was going to witness to was too busy. Austin is my developing apprentice hahaha, but he was learning and I was teaching him how to do it based on the stuff I learned from the book one thing you can't do in Heaven. I got into great conversations including these two Latin Americans and an Asian guy named Will in Dave and Busters. He was a very interesting man, but did not believe in Jesus nor his Resurrection. But I know that man will not forget that young 18 year old who told him about Jesus and truth. Then after me and Austin walked around the mall looking for people to witness to and hand out tracts. Our time was coming close to ending so we both decided to just give out a few tracts and then head back to Church. The whole experience was just fantastic! Then when we got back to Church, we chilled and hung out there. And I also met up with my friend Jen who was playing the piano (she's really great), but I met up with her and asked her how she was doing then she asked me and she told me what I was up to and I told her that me and Austin went to the Great Mall to share Jesus. She said that was awesome and she even asked if she could tag along sometime! I said "Sure, that would be awesome!" And I shared with her what we did and how we did it and she told me "I wish I had boldness like you to share Christ" and then she shared how she felt and I listened. But I felt absolutely humbled by what she said because I know that the Lord is using me to do His Work, not my own. He is using my body to glorify Him and Him alone. Then I asked my friend Jen for a hug and she gave me a hug. (I love hugs), but it's simple acts of love that you do that people really respond to and Jen wanted to join in so I told her that whenever she is free next time that she can come join us and she said that it would be great. Praise the Lord for this marvelous day, uplift His holy name!!! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment