Friday, October 14, 2011

Disappointed, but thankful

I was really tired coming home tonight. As I was driving home, I felt like I wanted to lay my head on the steering wheel (of course I can't do that, but I felt like it badly). But I came home greeted my brother who likes to tease me and then my dad. Then later he asked me if I got my progress report to show my grades to my stepmom and himself. I remembered a verse in the bible which was Proverbs 12:22 that says "The Lord detest lying lips, but he delights in men who are truthful." I was tempted to lie, but I wanted to glorify and honor God by telling the truth, so I said "No." Then my dad came downstairs and took away my car keys because he told me unless I bring a progress report, I won't get my car keys back. I am disappointed yes, but very extremely thankful because when I am driving, their are no lost people with me in the car, only me. But when I take the bus, their are lost people to talk to about Jesus. So now that I have my car keys taken away until Monday, I can now take the bus and witness to people that I would have never met, if I never would have gotten my keys taken away! Praise the Lord!!! Amen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment