Sunday, May 20, 2012

5/19/12

This was yesterday and this was another school's praise night and the school is named Mission San Jose High School. I decided to go and I arrived at the right time when they just started worship. Everyone was inside and they were worshiping and praising. I came in and joined in the singing and praising, it was great. Then the speaker came up and her name was Mishi. She too also shared her testimony and what the Lord has done in her life and the story she told was just frightening. Because she went to graduate school in Brooklyn and from what she said, it was much more worse than Oakland. But she told her story and explained how the love of God and that He is the only one that is there for her and will protect her at all times. I really liked her story and I was just surprised from what she has gone through. She also shared bible verses and we read them together and she was explaining them to us. She also told us that her favorite book in the bible is the book of Hosea. Right after we did some worship and it was just awesome! During the worship I met up again with a teacher at Mission San Jose that I met last year at Mission's praise night. His name is Mr. Vierk. It was great talking with him again and what was surprising to me was that he told me that he was praying for me the day before. I asked him to pray for me and my boldness and I prayed for him to have boldness as well to tell his students that there is a god as well as talk with them about the Lord Jesus Christ. For worship the worship team played some smooth songs with calm worship and I was just praising the Lord with my hands in the air. Then after those songs the worship team played "deep down in my heart" which was a amazing and exciting worship song that had me dancing and shouting and clapping my hands until they were really red haha. One part of the song that I remember the most is when all of us shout the lyrics "yes I love my Jesus!" then continue singing the song. Now THAT was just fantastic! Then afterwards we prayed again and the event was over. I also talked with this girl named Katrina from another High School named American. It was just great to see her in person. I introduced myself to some of the other Mission students that I have not met before, all of them were Christian. They were discussing about going to Deny's to eat and just hang out. I wanted to go so I called my dad and asked him if I could go and he said that I could, and so I drove over in my car listening to awesome Christian rap from trip lee. I arrived at Deny's and walked over to the table where everyone else was at. I ordered my food which was mozzerela sticks and DP (Dr. Pepper my favorite haha). And me and my friend Brian started chatting just in general and I started sharing my stories with him about me witnessing to the lost. He was really into the stories I was sharing to him and enjoyed them. As I was talking with Brian someone just held for my shoulder for about a second and it was my classmate Marissa and I was really surprised. She asked me what I was doing at Deny's and I told her that I was with Mission's praise night people and I told her that it was really nice to see her and she told me the same. I continued on with my stories and Brian told me that he was just amazed by them. I payed for my stuff and then left the restaurant. It was such a blessed night! All glory goes to the Lord Jesus Christ!!! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment