Wednesday, October 31, 2012

10/31/12

Ah halloween, or as the holiday was originally called hallows-eve. The night where kids dress up in detailed colorful costumes and walk happily to random houses to obtain a sweet sugary candy. But halloween is the night where human sacrifices take place and this ACTUALLY DOES HAPPEN. Satanists of the Wicca religion partake in worshiping the demon above all demons, Satan, or the devil himself. Jesus called Satan the great liar and deceiver and said there is no truth in him. He is also referred to as the father of all lies. John 8:44. Christians we must be very careful on this holiday, even though the holiday is over, don't miss this great opportunity to speak the truth in love to all who are lost. We must be careful not to indulge in the lies that are being spread about halloween being a "fun" holiday. We must embrace this holiday as a battle between good and evil. We must put on the armor of God Ephesians 6:10-18, to protect ourselves against untruth, which comes from Satan. Anyway's I wanted to tell you guys about my night and what I did. Well, first of all I visited my Japanese friend who does not live that far from my house. I walked down to her house to say hello and how are you. Then after I talked to her I went trick or treating or as I like to call it take and reading, since I give people a gospel tract and they read it! Instead of me boldly walking up to people and giving a gospel tract up front, I went to cars and placed them there. But it is that ok? Of course it is, you can do the work of the Lord any way you like! You just got to be creative. You can glorify the Lord just by placing a tract anywhere conspicuously (a spot that people can see). As long as you are doing the work of the Lord, that is what matters. And the Lord Jesus Christ is most pleased with that. So I placed chick comic book tracts on people's cars as I was walking back to my house. And I also placed a tract on a person's jack-o-lantern! That's a very creative idea! Please pray that the Lord will open up these people's hearts to the gospel. I just want these people to hear the gospel once, then make a decision for the Lord Jesus Christ. It's not my job to get people saved, that is the Holy Spirit's job. And the Holy Spirit convicts people of their sin so they can repent of their sins and place their faith in Christ. I also got some candy when I was out, but not a lot. But I did get a few of my favorite candies from my family friend! Yay! Well that is an overview of my night, except I did not get to do my English hw that I was supposed to do. -_- Time goes by wayyy too fast, it really does. That is why we must use it wisely for our Lord my brothers and sisters. Well, God bless all of you my friends and may the Lord Jesus Christ be with you! Stand tall for Him in the days to come and keep reading your bibles and keep fighting the good fight for the faith. Praise the Lord!!! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment