Tuesday, October 23, 2012

10/23/12

Today was another fun day today in my improv class. That class never gets boring, and it never will for anyone who takes it in the future. We learned a new improv game in class that is just like rock, paper, scissors, but instead their are two teams and you both agree on doing an action that the rest of the team has to do as well. And if a team wins then they have to tag members on the other team so they can bring them over to their team. There are three actions that you can do. One is Giants, Elves, and Wizards. I know that Giants beat Elves, but I don't know about the rest. Then after, we were working on doing scenes with a partner by listening to them and acting according to what their partner was doing and just go with it. We were still learning how to show and not tell while we were improving. Our improv teacher was telling us that when there is a golden opportunity to show action, we should take it and do it. After class was over I finally had an opportunity to talk with this girl that I kinda have a crush on. I had the boldness to ask her if she wanted to hang out sometime, (her name is Naya). She said yes and she also told me something else that I don't remember. Then after that was my English class and our teacher lectured again as always. We were also starting a new unit that is on facts and opinions. We discussed and participated on that in class today. We also did our classwork on this separate website while working on the computers. Once class was over and I was walking back to my car, I overheard these two people talking about something that interests me. I heard one guy say "apostle Paul" and "Jesus is the only God". I decided to butt in and ask them what they were talking about. They told me they were talking about stuff from their religious studies class. So me and two of these friends start talking with me about what they were taught in their class and about religion and all that. And I know a lot about religion and I am planning on taking a New Testament class next semester if the class is still available (that was one of the questions I asked one of the two guys). I ended up talking with this guy named Pete who is a Christian and we were discussing about the Christian faith, etc. He was a really nice guy and he ended up giving me his number and email! You never know what you can expect when you have boldness and just open up with boldness and talk with people. But I knew the Lord set that up for a reason, but I just don't know the particular reason why. I would love to keep in touch with him and talk with more and also encourage him on being a bold man of the Lord Jesus Christ in the coming days! Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment