Saturday, March 24, 2012

God is so good 3/23/12

Tonight was one of the best nights I have ever had. I was deciding before this Friday evening whether I would go to my Friday night youth groups or a Christian event called the answer near Hopkins Jr. High School and Mission San Jose High School. I decided to go to the Christian event. Before I went though, I wanted to pray so that God can lead me to right people and direct my paths so I could talk to the right people. Later on I went to the event and found excellent parking (praise the Lord!). Then as I went inside there were a lot of people there, but I found my friend Leslie who I chatted with for short time then went around and chatted with a student from another High School called American and his name was Kevin. He told me he was a born-again believer in Jesus Christ and gave me the right answer on how to go to Heaven, but I gave him a Mark Cahill booklet to encourage him more in his walk with the Lord. As I was walking around the table area I was looking for some people to chat with and I saw a group of teenagers and decided to walk over to them. The guy sitting on my left, his name was Sean and he was really friendly, then I met his other friend named Kevin who was sitting in front of me. Then another teenager came over and introduced himself to me and his name was Kevin as well haha. They were all students from Kennedy High School. Then Sean started introducing me to his friend and there were all friendly as well. He asked me why I came and I told them that I came to chat with people and talk with them about Jesus Christ, Sean told me "you know, I respect you a lot. That's good man." Then afterwards I was talking with Kevin who was a student at Kennedy, said that he takes classes over at Ohlone College. Me and him were trying to talk to each other, but since there was a concert playing and we didn't want to yell at each other while talking, we took the conversation over to one of the tables away from the band that was playing. The conversation we were having was very interesting as we were talking about religion and science. Kevin told me during the conversation that he was an atheist, but before that he grew up in a Christian family but ditched it. And he also told me a story about how he almost died in a car accident where he was crossing the street and the car was speeding fast. And he also said that when he was 10 feet from the vehicle he quickly moved out of the way while it was speeding at the same speed! And what surprised me even more was that he was an atheist at that time, and he still remained an atheist even after that event that just happened! I was witnessing to Kevin and told him what is the only book in the world that has hundreds of very detailed prophecies? He told me the Koran and I was curious why he said that and I did not want to argue with him because I knew that was the wrong answer, so then I asked him what he believed. He told me he believes in the string theory and the multiple universe theory and it was very interesting to me and we have a very nice and long conversation about it. Kevin told me that he had six girlfriends and that each of them was a devote Christian. But he broke up with them but still talks to them since they are his friends now. We chatted about the same topic about Creationism and Science and other stuff. Then I gave Kevin a Mark Cahill tract booklet and shook his hand thanking him for the conversation that we had. Later in the night I was watching the concert, but something made me want to go outside. The concert was just getting boring to be honest and it was a Christian band. But I knew the Holy Spirit was taking me some where, just I don't know where haha. As I was walking to the front entrance I saw a teenager just sitting on the bench by himself. I walked up to him and started chatting with him. His name was Thanfer and I said to Thanfer "can I ask you an interesting question?" He said "yeah", I said "if you died tonight are you 100% assured that you would go to Heaven?" He said the s word and then "I don't know." So I started asking him what he thought was out there when he died and he told me that he was a Catholic. We went inside to talk more since it was cold outside. I told Thanfer about Christ dying for us, repentance, etc. Then all of sudden, he started sharing his life story with me! He was telling me about how he was in depression for a long time, and how he was in a gang for two years then quit. And he also told me that he took drugs, cut himself and said that he got a gun that was to be delivered to him to commit suicide since he couldn't take his life anymore and was sick and tired of living. And he was telling me during the conversation about how can there be a God with all this suffering in the world, and I told him that it's not God's fault but Satan since he tempted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. And that brought sin which in turn brought death, evil suffering in our world. And also I said to him that love demands a choice. That we can choose to love our children, our parents and so on. And the reason why we have all this evil and suffering in the wold is because people choose not to love God and obey Him which results in all this bad stuff happening. And I told Thanfer that if people truly believed that we were made in the image of God, we would not do all this stuff we do to other human beings. And I said to him "Thanfer, if I didn't care about you, I would have never walked up to you on that bench and talked with you. But I do care about you. Now think about that." He was just silent and didn't say a word because he knew that was true. Everything he told me was personal and he said that he has never told his family which are the closest relatives he has since he told me he grew up with no parents. And the reason why he quit the gang was that he had people who loved him. Then I told him that I drove to the event and he asked me "you drive?!" I said yeah, he said again "forreals?!" I said yeah again and he told me that he loves cars and we went outside and talked some more, then came back in and he asked me if he could see my car. So I agreed and took him outside to show him my car, and opened up the hood for him so he could see the inside. He told me "dude, you have a nice engine!" And he was telling me a whole lot about cars and manual and automatic drive. He really knew a lot about cars and about the parts, but the only thing that he wasn't happy with was that I told him I drove automatic haha. He told me later in the conversation while we were outside that he was beaten by four or six black guys and the reason he told me was that because he was Asian and thought that he couldn't do anything. I could feel his pain and had sympathy for what he endured all his life. He even told me he was beaten by his grandparents for no reason and they would yell at him. The pain he undertook was just horrible and I knew exactly what he went through. Later, a girl was walking outside to him and Thanfer was just giving her a hug and holding her for about a few minutes. She was just crying in his arms about something that I don't know what. And Thanfer introduced her to me and her name was Brianna. Thanfer told me that I made his day and that hanging outside was much more fun than being in that concert. Then we went back inside and we talked more and we both gave each other our numbers and he told me that anytime we want to hang out, he told me to "hit him up" at anytime. Then we both departed and I drove home singing praises to God and giving him thanks and glory for what He did for me tonight. I knew it was no accident I was talking with those two people that Friday night, Kevin and Thanfer. What a blessing and praise the Lord!!! God is definitely good and He hears us. Wow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment