Thursday, March 29, 2012

3/29/12

What a great day! Well today I got my service presentation for my Quest project over and it is done with. And overall, I did great! My economics teacher told me I did excellent which made me really happy. And even before I presented my past English teacher was encouraging me and telling me that I will do great and was giving me awesome positive support. It made me feel confident, but not prideful. At lunchtime I helped my previous English teacher with some work by putting back books that were not on the shelves to their regular spot. And I also tore out sheets of a test paper that Mr. Phillips my old English teacher wanted me to organize. After I did all this work I left the classroom and walked to get a snack at the vendor next to the cafeteria. After I got my chips, I walked into the cafeteria and as I was walking to this table I spotted my friend was at, a student started saying and pretending to bow down to me as I was Jesus which I was not. I started talking with him and his name was Nithin, and when I asked him about his spiritual beliefs, he told me that his parents were Hindu but he was not. He did not believe in a personal god. I started talking with him about the Ten Commandments (which is sin), Jesus, the Cross, Resurrection, etc. He then said "ok, now I know your not Jesus." Wasn't that a little late to figure that out! haha. After I talked with him about all of this, I gave him two of Mark Cahill tract booklets, one of them talked about the major topics that address questions people have and the other talked about the major world religions. I told Nithin to show it to his parents and he said ok and thanked me for them happily and left. Praise the Lord for Him organizing this appointment today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment