Saturday, November 10, 2012

11/10/12

This morning I had breakfast and then left for the bank. When I arrived, there was a few people waiting in line at the atm and it was busy. I started using the atm and I realized something was not right. First of all the display screen was deeply faded and I could not see which deposit type I wanted to use. When I inserted my $20 bill into the machine, it returned it back to me and I tried again. When I inserted the bill back in, the screen was not responding and was not displaying anything. Then the screen displayed a red triangle with an exclamation point on it saying "this atm is temporarily out of service." And what was even worse was that the $20 bill that inserted into the machine, did not give it back to me. And my balance was not updated and I could not finish using the atm. As I was going back to my car this car, this car in front of me with me Hispanic people start laughing. This woman from the car was laughing at me the most and these other two men in the car start staring at me. All of them start staring at me and I just walked away, I don't why they were staring at me which was strange, but I kept going. I was thinking to myself "Lord, how could you let that $20 bill go to waste?" I was driving back just dazed and wondering how that $20 bill was wasted and how I could not do anything about that. But then I realized something. Last night a mom that is a member of our Church came up to me and gave me $20 bill because she loved what I was doing with the money to glorify God by buying gospel tracts and spreading the good news of the Lord Jesus Christ. I thought about that and said to myself that the $20 bill didn't matter, it was her action that has had the most impact on me. I don't care about the money, I cared about her action and what she did for me. She offered me a free gift that I don't deserve and couldn't even earn, but she gave it graciously to me. It's the same with Jesus Christ. We don't deserve His grace but he gives it to us. We deserve His mercy, but He does not give it to us. Jesus is giving Himself to us as a free gift and we don't deserve it at all. The Lord taught me a valuable lesson today, which is to be thankful. Love is an action and what that mom gave to me is one gift that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment