Wednesday, July 11, 2012

7/8/12

As always, I wake up pretty late for Church haha, but I always go nonetheless. I arrived and came during worship service and had nice worship as always. Then our speaker who was Mr. Han (he is white but was raised in the China, so he speaks English and Mandarin both fluently). He spoke about the Church and also showed us a part in scripture in the book of Revelation which talks about the Church in Ephesus Revelation 2:1-7. He talked about how the Church needs to continually be in a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, and work as a Church together, or suffer the consequences of having that Church removed (not the building, but the people). It was a nice message and I liked it, it really impacted me as well as my friend Jen. But during the service I got a couple calls from my mom, so I called her once the service ended. She was telling me when she could buy my ticket for me to leave to Orlando, Florida so I could go visit her. I told her that I was not sure yet, and my mom was telling me how sad she is saying that I promised her a month, 3 weeks and I did not fulfill that promise to go and visit her. And she started crying on the phone and I tried calming my mom down. It was just an emotional experience for my mom since she barely ever sees me throughout the entire year. So I told her I would call her back (which I did later that night) Then I consulted my Christian friend Austin and we chatted about it together. When I was talking with him, I couldn't help but to break into tears because it was just really emotional for me. He just talked with me gently listening intently for what I had to say to him. Then after he started to pray for me and put his hand on my shoulder and prayed. I am so thankful for my Christian friend Austin because he is such a caring follower of Christ and I admire him greatly. After that, I then left to get lunch at Taco Bell. I knew there were people in Taco Bell that I needed to chat with, but I just never did because of my fear of rejection. And I wanted to give tract booklets out, but I never did that either. Now I know why. It was because that I am filled with a lot of stuff right now in my life and worrying about it that I can't witness and have fun with it because I have all of these things in life that I am worrying about. And also because I don't pray before I share the Lord Jesus Christ. I remember I used to share my faith so much in the past, and now Satan is trying to destroy me by taking me away from evangelism. I don't ever want that fire to burn out, please, please pray for me to be bold for the Lord Jesus Christ and to not fear man. What can man do to me? I have the most powerful person in the entire Universe on my side. So please pray for that. After I went to the Great Mall which is a mall near my Church building to go and witness. And I still couldn't do it, why? Because I never prayed. Without prayer, I am useless. Prayer is like an energy drink, without it you won't be able to have a ton of energy to play hard and give it your all. It's the same thing with prayer. I need to pray to have the Holy Spirit active in me so I can share my faith with passion and boldness like never before and go all out for the Lord. When I was at the Great Mall, I was so ashamed of myself that I left to my pastor's house for Connect. I was at the door and rang the doorbell, but no one was home. I heard Lia (which is the name of my pastor's wife) come in through the garage. I decided not to go in, because I just thought it was a little early so I went to this playground that was literally near their house and sat on a platform. I began to read the book One thing you can't do in Heaven and One heartbeat away. I saw two people that were friend and one of them was walking a dog. I was planning to witness to them, but I just did not have to boldness too. (sigh) Eventually I saw two of my friends that are part of my Church, Tiffany and Theo. I greeted them and they walked inside my pastor's house for Connect. I also came into the house as well, and greeted Lia. My friend Austin called me and told me that he was going to meet me to pick me up so we can go to sweet cup. So I left the house and I met my friend Austin, Jason, and my new friend Kevin in Austin's car. So we all left to this milkshake place which was sweet cup and we hung out there for a bit. Then after we left, and I did not know where we were going. So close when we turned into a parking lot I asked my friend Jason next to me where we were going and he told me that I was going to apply for a job. I literally had no idea. So we went inside and I filled out my job application sheet that my friends have given me already and I applied for the job at this hawaiian restaurant called Bento express. After that we left to David's house (who is our my and my friends pastor) and we chilled and greeted more people as they came. Some were familiar faces, others were not and I greeted them as well. We had two people share something so that people could pray for them. One of the people that shared was me. Then we had worship then bible study. The bible study was on the Rich young ruler in Matthew 19:16-30. We talked about how it's not about how good we are, because are never good according to God's standard which is the Ten Commandments. We must have a close relationship with Christ and forsaking all and follow the Lord Jesus Christ no matter what the cost. Then after that, everyone socialized and I danced for a little bit (showing off my dance moves haha), but I had a good time with everyone. Then I took off and headed home. Great day today. Praise the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment