Monday, April 25, 2011

The miracle ticket

This is a story that proved to me that their is a God and that He loves us and changes lives. And it will blow your mind. Here it goes:

When I was a freshmen at Irvington High school I was taking health (which I was failing miserably, but I made it up in summer school). I was listening to the teacher lecture (like always) when suddenly one of the school administrators came in and asked the teacher if he could borrow me. The teacher asked why and he said I had to take a test. So we left and while we were walking I asked him what test I had to take and he said to me "your not taking any test." I was puzzled and was wondering why he lied to the teacher that I was taking a test when he said I wasn't. So as we came down to the end of the hallway, we entered the teacher's lounge and he told me to wait there. I waited for a couple of minutes and then the vice principal came in and he said to me "are you George Lenta?" and I said "yeah" then he said "congratulations for getting the winning raffle ticket for the faculty follies. I'll see you tonight." I said "ohh thanks," and left the lounge in utter amazement with my mouth wide open and wondering in my head "did I really recieve that ticket? Why me? How did I get that ticket out of more than 2,000 students at this school?" And the funny and very true thing was that I never entered into any raffle competition or put my name on a ticket or have a friend or anybody else do it for me. And that same day I got the ticket, it was the last day and I had literally no money with me. But someone from above did something soo good and kind that He generously gave me what I desired "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4 

When the bible says that God is good, He really is. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment